Saturday, October 30, 2010

Private Reserve Burgundy Mist Fountain Pen Ink

This is a bit more appropriate for the fall season, no?
I received this ink in a shipment with PR Blue Suede and a much needed Lamy Medium nib, so it was kind of hard for this ink to stand out from the get-go. I was a bit more excited about Blue Suede for some reason... not sure why, exactly. Maybe it was because I had a "need" in mind I wanted to fill. You see, I get an idea of a shade I "need" in my head, then I have to fulfill it. Blue Suede was intended to be my "peacock blue-green" color. I just ordered Burgundy Mist because I thought I had a pretty good idea of what it would really look like, and I liked that color. It came through for me, which was very nice, after the Black Cherry disappointment.
This color really reminds me of light shining through a glass of grape juice. I would guess the color of burgundy wine is not far off from that, though I wouldn't know, as I only enjoy cheap wine that tastes like grape juice. That's another post, for a later date. The ink seems a touch lighter to me on Rhodia paper than in my journal (which is a cheapish ring bound flip-top notepad from Target). The scan looks pretty accurate, just lighter than what I am seeing in person. This is probably because it is three o'clock in the morning and thus the lighting isn't the best right now. However...the color of the Pink Varsity comparison is way off in the scan from what I see in person. I dabbled in color correction again, to no avail. You'll just have to look at all the examples and get an average expectation if you are considering purchasing this ink. 
Would I buy it again? Yep, I liked Burgundy Mist alright from the start, but with more use it has continued to grow on me and now I really love it!
Shay.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun on your journey and also get some good pictures as well. Nice to know that there is a place like that just like I had in private game reserves kzn. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete