Thursday, October 28, 2010

Private Reserve Blue Suede Fountain Pen Ink

I wish Private Reserve would rename this ink. First of all, I think it is kind of misleading. This looks much more green to me in person than blue. Yes, it is a hardy teal, but if I had to put it under a "blue" or "green" category, I would go with green. Secondly, I have an irrational fear of Elvis, and I don't like to be reminded of that. I had a nightmare about him when I was little that he kidnapped me and my dead grandfather had to come to my rescue. I know, I know...I've got issues.
Anyway, I think this is a lovely color. Teal is right up there when it comes to my favorite hues, and it seems to have been quite popular this year. I have several articles of clothing that are almost this exact color. It is nice to write with, but so far I have only had it in a Lamy Safari with a 1.1 italic nib. It shades very nicely, and although my "technical" dry time test went up to twenty seconds before a "dry" result, it doesn't seem to take that long at all when actually writing. In fairness, the "1"'s on my ten and fifteen were pretty wet. It is no where near waterproof, but I have seen worse. There is no bleedthrough on the Rhodia paper, and even the Varsity comparisons bled through a tiny bit. I will add that I think the scan seems just a tick or two lighter than what I see in person, and a little less green than what I pick up on as well. I tried to correct it a bit, but that seemed to make things worse rather than better. Overall, I think it is a decent enough idea of what it really looks like. Would I buy it again? Yes!
Tada!:


May your ink flow freely and the stains wash off your hands,
Shay.

No comments:

Post a Comment