Saturday, November 13, 2010

(Rose) Rage Against the Machine

Thankfully, I like one of Private Reserve's newest inks much better than I like that band. Rose rage is absolutely pink. To me, it lies somewhere in between Pepto and neon pinks. It is much more neon and concentrated from a dip pen than from my Lamy Safari. I assume the exact shade you get will depend on how wet your chosen instrument writes. My scanner isn't capturing colors like I would like it to, so I actually took pictures of these pages in direct sunlight.
There was no feathering or bleed-through, and the ink flow was excellent. I didn't have any issues getting it to start at all once it was loaded in the pen. I have had to fight with other inks to get them rolling, but this was not the case with Rose Rage. It isn't waterproof, but it held up better than I expected it to. Dry time wasn't great and wasn't terrible. I did the "highlighter test" that some people were curious about seeing with this ink. I just basically scribbled over a black Sharpie pen sample with the Safari, but I think in a highlighter pen this could work well. The writing underneath is legible, and didn't smear, though that may be a credit to the Sharpie pen, not the Rose Rage. 
Here is a list written with a dip pen where you can see Rose Rage with a bunch of other reds and pinks. Do keep in mind that these all look very concentrated (and that my writing with said pen is terrible). 
Overall, I like this ink pretty well. It behaves and is a fun, bright color. I don't think I'll be using it much this time of year, but it will definitely make it into the rotation come Spring and Summer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment